SimpleLegal's Enhanced Invoice Rejections simplify the review process and make it easier to communicate action(s) needed on invoices to your vendors and law firms.
- Admins can edit preconfigured rejection reasons or create their own to standardize and ensure consistent explanations across invoices.
- A simpler invoice rejection workflow for SimpleLegal invoice reviewers/approvers, including:
- New admin settings to manage how rejections are handled across all invoices.
- Improved rejection modal from the Invoice Details page that reduces back-and-forth communication between approvers/reviewers and your vendors.
- In CounselGO, it is easier for your vendors to understand the specific reason(s) an invoice was rejected and see additional comments from the reviewer.
How it Works
The Preferences tab in the new Invoice Settings page (Administration > Invoice Settings) allows admins to manage whether selecting an invoice rejection reason is mandatory for all reviewers/approvers AND whether vendors will automatically receive email notifications when invoices are rejected.
The Rejection Reasons tab under Invoice Settings allows admins to view and customize 15 preconfigured rejection reasons to make the workflow reflect their standard operating procedures and terminology. This also gives admins the option to disable rejection reasons so only relevant reasons that make sense to your business can be used, and/or add new reasons that cover the specific rejection scenarios your team encounters most.
The redesigned rejection modal on the Invoice Details page makes it easier to enforce a standard invoice rejection workflow. Admins can control whether preconfigured rejection reasons are even used at all and whether email notifications for rejected invoices are sent to vendors by default.
Reviewers/approvers can save time by selecting one or more reasons from a pre-defined list, with the option to enter additional notes that help your vendors better understand what needs to be changed in order for the invoice to pass the review process!