Legal Requests allows for legal work/assistance to be easily requested by any department. Using a form in SimpleLegal to make the request, a standard process is created to view and manage all requests to the Legal Department.
To turn on the Legal Request feature, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating a Legal Request Form
Before someone may submit a Legal Request, at least one request form must be created and enabled. Only admin users can create a Request Form.
To create a Legal Request form:
- Go to Administration > Legal Request Forms
- Select +New Form
- Select matter template(s) to use with the form and select Set Form Templates
- Enter in the Form Name
- Enter in the Form Description
- Select any admins that need to be notified when a new request is submitted.
- Add in the Form Items. These items will show up on the Request Form. Each item must have an Attribute, Input Type, Label and optional Helper Text.
- If a Form Item is configured to an Attribute, the value submitted in the request will populate the associated matter attribute field when the matter is created.
TIP: To re-order the Form Items, select one item to drag and drop it.
- Once all the Form Items are added, select Save. If the form is ready to use, select Save & Publish.
Note: Once a form is published, no new fields can be added or removed. The only allowed edits are changing the form name, description, notifications and updating the filter on a list field. If edits to a published form need to be made, select Clone to easily create a new form.
Submitting a new Legal Request
- Go to Matters > My Legal Requests
- Select +New Request
- If more than one Request Form is enabled, select the one to use.
- Fill in the mandatory fields
- Select Submit Request
- When the request is approved or rejected, the requestor will receive an email notification.
Reviewing a Legal Request
- Only admin users can review any incoming Legal Requests.
- Go to Matters > Review Legal Requests
- Select a Pending Legal Request
- Select Create Matter or Reject.
- On the Process Request page, if there are more than one templates associated with the matter, select it from the left panel.
- Review the Matter Attributes to be created for the matter.
- If changes are needed, enter in on the right panel.
- After reviewing and making any edits, select Create.
- When the matter is created, it will be found in the Matter Management page. Until a matter is published, its status is Draft. Enter in and/or edit any additional matter details including assigning any vendors and approvers. Select Publish Matter.
- On the matter page, to reference the information from the original request, go to the Matter Options section, Original Request tab.
Please contact email@example.com for any other questions and we are happy to help.